文章總列表

I bought my 1st Raspberry Pi

The "compiler" below is named Raspberry Pi Model B+, which is my new toy, the adult's LEGO.


The story goes back to last weekend. As been a weekend electrical engineer, I wanted to buy a board of Intel Galileo. However, for some reasons, I turn to Raspberry Pi
  • The user base seems to be larger in Raspberry Pi, which is all over the world
  • I can always find answers through google.
  • With such large user-base, the SW upgrading is not a problem within 3~5 years.
Although I really want to have a enhanced Pentium 133, I bought RPi eventually.




Connect with my mobile power pack, and follow the slide to install the system. The hardware support is quite good. I didn't encounter any difficult to use my wireless keyboard/mouse, Wifi dongle. I soon connect RPi with my TV via HDMI and watch video in Youtube.

RPi runs the Linux within. So I wrote "Hello World" in C naturally. I felt weird when I see it works! It's so marvelous that the toy can compile through gcc...


Another aspect is to use RPi as 8051. In normal embedded development environment, we have limited CPU clock rate and RAM size. In typical usage, we write C or assembly to light up LED to interact the chip with real word. In this time, we're using high speed CPU (700Mhz), together with many RAM (512MB), high-level language (Python), to control GPIO. I must say, this is too happy.


For me, RPi connects both world (computer & embedded development). Using a powerful weapon to solve simple question seems stupid, but it makes the way easier & interest to do fun things. I start to realize why Raspberry is popular all over the world.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

幼犬書桌椅選擇心得 升降桌 兒童桌椅

Herman Miller Aeron 一代氣壓棒維修

JUJU-250 升降桌 電腦主機 桌下安裝 調整心得